Monday, September 19, 2005

More pics



Amanda and I at Lake Alatoona, one of the huge drinking water reservoirs for the greater ATL metro. The lake was very low from the drought 2 winters ago. At this time I was in the midst of a very long dry spell of catching fish. I didn't catch anything on this day either.






Montoroso, Italy. A village on the Italian Riviera in the Cinque Terre (sp?) (The 5 Fishing Villages).

Can you see the diver?

Just up the path from here Will almost died. I was glad we were able to save him after he fell off the cliff. Although, he did most of the climbing back up on his own. I don't think he thought it was very funny when I was laughing at him hanging on to a tree limb with his legs dangling off the cliff and a 50 lb. pack on his back.

But at the time it was soooo funny! Just like when he crashed the Moped!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe you got Amanda to go fishing with you. She must really like you.

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember that story a little different. What actually happened was that i stepped out of the way to let an old couple pass us on the trail. Then straight out of some indiana jones shit, the ground falls out from under me, I latch onto a treewith one arm and use my shins to try and work my wway up. My trusty companion just stood there with looks of "what the fuck do I do!!!" There was no laughing!!! I calmly said" don't worry guyts I got this" after i realized that they were not going to help me. Shit that old lady moved quicker than you.

$$ DUB $$ said...

Will is right. Maybe the details are a bit scewed. I still think I remember some laughing taking place though. But the outcome of the story still holds true. Will almost died and he saved himself. I vaguely remember the old lady...maybe she pushed him off te cliff....